Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all Employees, regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. All actions affecting personnel are administered fairly and in accordance with applicable laws.
All teaching positions require a valid Nevada Teaching License and highly qualification under NCLB. Please email your resume to email@example.com for review. See below for the current open positions.
Central office positions
(Posted on Friday, June 20, 2014)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Compliance Manager is responsible for the oversight of all reporting activities. The Compliance Manager will have functional responsibility, fiscal compliance and reporting, flawless audits. The Compliance Manager will ensure the Coral Academy of Science (CAS) has compliance systems and procedures in place to support effective school operations in multiple campuses. The Compliance Manager will work closely with the director of finance, principals, and federal programs in order to develop and improve financial and compliance procedures, and to explore in support of school operations. In addition, Compliance Manager will partner with the Board of Directors to enhance business operations in compliance with federal and state regulations.
The Compliance Manager's duties include:
- Developing, initiating, maintaining, and revising Coral Academy of Science's, policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent non-compliant, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Directing compliance activities for CAS campuses, develop systems for monitoring CAS to ensure that fiscal activities comply with federal, state, and local government agency applicable laws and regulations.
- Overseeing reporting systems ensuring accuracy and full compliance with appropriate GAAP an GASB standards and regulatory requirements include internal/external reporting.
- Preparing and presenting financial statements, in accordance with GAAP, in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate financial statements; monitor and report issues and major changes in financial status.
- Coordinating the annual financial and governmental A-133 audits, which include work paper preparation, liaison with auditors, and understanding of programmatic and financial requirements of government programs.
- Directing and supporting the preparation of periodical reports for government agencies.
REQUIREMENTS: Master's Degree in Business Administration and at least two years of experience as a compliance manager.
Support Staff Positions
(Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2014)
Ability to perform general maintenance tasks such as:
Light lighting replacement
Light paint and plastering
Light plumbing including unclogging drains
Relocate, move, and adjust office furniture as necessary.
Remove trash from hallways, walkways and parking lot.
Keep school grounds free of litter and debris.
Have knowledge of building codes in Henderson and Las Vegas
Comply with OSHA Standards.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently
Report any safety problems to the office
Other responsibilities as directed by Directors
Must have tools, vehicle and good references
Must have clean drivers valid license
Must have a smart phone and access to the internet
High school diploma, or equivalency certificate
Experience in field is preferred.
Must have basic construction skills, be organized, and effectively communicate with a positive attitude.