Central office positions
Dates active: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 through ________.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Internal Auditor (IA) is responsible for the internal audit of Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas (CASLV). The IA provides effective leadership to ensure the compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations and continued development of systems and procedures. The IA ensures ethical and responsible compliance, and ongoing internal audit and governance practices.
- Provide general supervision and management of the day-to-day compliance and auditing affairs of CASLV within the guidelines of CASLV Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual approved by the Board, consistent with decisions requiring prior to approval of the Board.
- Develop and propose new policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance of CASLV with Local, State and Federal regulations
- With the Executive Director and other members of Executive team, ensure the implementation of the strong internal controls and report to Board in a timely manner on deviations from the compliance point or any parameters established by the Board.
- Oversee and monitor the activities and undertakings of the CASLV, consistent with the strategic direction, compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations and operating objectives approved by the Board.
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and appropriate disclosure of CASLV polices and procedures and internal controls.
- Carry out any other appropriate duties and responsibilities assigned by the Board.
- Experience as an Internal Auditor or similar field is strongly preferred.
- Experience at government organization is preferred.
- Experience within Charter Management Organization (CMO) is preferred
- Experience within K-12 education preferred, but not required.
- Experience working in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. Proven ability to execute effectively against strategy and exceed goals consistently.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution. Master’s Degree preferred. CPA, CIA, CFE or other appropriate credentials.
Other Qualifications or Characteristics:
- Ability to work under pressure and perform tasks with limited direction. Ease at managing competing demands and determining top priorities independently.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and interact on behalf of Executive Team with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, principals, and executive team members
- Proactive and initiative-taking when completing tasks.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package for all full time employees, including Health insurance, dental, vision, paid vacation, personal days, paid holidays.
This job will require a flexible work schedule, with the ability to occasionally work during evenings and weekends. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings. This job requires travel as needed.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of CASLV. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.